Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 65

Milagres!!!
October 17--Week 65

Transfers happened and SISTER A. SMITH AND SISTER J. SMITH ARE STAYING TOGETHER!!!!  YESSSSS!!!  HERE in Novo Mundo!  Thank you Heavenly Father, I love you!(:  Every week out here in the mission is a week full learning and trusting in the Lord.  

Okay, so last week Luciana didn’t get baptized because she didn’t stop drinking coffee.  After teaching and repeating why it was a commandment she still didn’t understand why a little coffee wasn’t okay.  I asked her if she loved God or coffee more, she said God.  We gave her a challenge to try and always remember her goal, and the big perspective of entering the temple and one day, the Celestial Kingdom!  We were praying for her and we decided to fast for her and our other investigator Joana this week. This fast I decided not to complain even one time about how hungry I am or how hot it is to show Heavenly Father I truly needed him, and a miracle.  You guys, Goiania is HOT!  Its super hot during the day, the night, and the entire year.  Its not easy to fast out here in the heat when you´re walking and talking.  When we closed our fast and then visited Luciana and asked her if she had drank coffee she said no...we were like YES!!!  Then we told her that the elders would be passing by to interview her.  She was super happy and excited. When we left we were jumping up and down with happiness!!  LUCIANA WAS BAPTIZED!!!  The miracles of fasting people!  
Then get this, the next day she had to receive the Holy Ghost at Sacrament Meeting and her alarm didn’t go off and the gate was locked in front of her house to knock on her door and wake her up.  So my companion and I were yelling and clapping to try to wake her up.  Finally, after 30 minutes and lots of prayers she woke up.  We were late for church and I said if you want to receive the Holy Ghost today, we have to run...because they do confirmations at the beginning of the meeting and sometimes, if you are late you have to wait until next Sunday.  So we were literally running the entire way to church to get there on time.  When we walked into church they are finishing the last line of the sacrament Hymn.  I look and there was Pres. and Sister Bührer smiling as we walked in!  We were late, but at least we made it in time for the sacrament.   So Luciana received the Holy Ghost and it was so special!  Lots of miracles and tender mercies this week!

I have been reflecting on this scripture this week, D&C 67: 3.  “Ye endeavored to believe that ye should receive the blessing which was offered unto you; but behold, verily I say unto you, there were fears in your hearts, and verily this is the reason that ye did not receive.

10.  And again, I say unto you that it is your privilege and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that in as much as you strip yourselves of jealousies and fears and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.

Ye are not able to abide the presence of God now, neither the ministering of angels; wherefore, continue in patience until ye are perfected.”

I have learned out here that when we pray and fast we are closer to God.  We feel his presence and can receive revelation and that miracles do and will happen. When we sacrifice things we like that may be keeping us from becoming better we are one step closer to becoming more like the Savior.  Like the scripture says, God isn’t with the natural man or carnal mind, he is above us, is thoughts, his plans, everything.  He knows what’s best, he knows what we need.  We just need to trust him and follow him and be an instrument in his hands.  He´ll do the rest and we´ll see his miracles and have an opportunity and honor to be apart of them. 

God lives.  This is his church.  I know it everyday more and more out here.

Te amo,
 Sister Smithie

 Luciana was baptized on Friday!!!! 
WOOOT WOOT!!! 








 Today's Lunch!
We ate pizza on Saturday...
MISSIONARY HAPPINESS...
I love brazil and their pizza!!! ((: 




Love this awesome graffiti wall! 
 The Mocking Jay 
Look at this cool tree...
We visited a park last p-day..it was gorgeous..so we´re going to go on a nature walk (cough..Kylie)
Neat bird...
Lovely Lake






 Look at this cool plant!


 Mom, I heard you are making lots of 
brooms for Halloween, 
I found a Brazilian one.. hehehe


Our cute zone picture

Love these Sisters

I love having a companion that likes taking lots of pictures. hehehehe, 
"Yesterday was a good, a very good day, yeahhhh, I love good days!"
....Aleece, where did I get that quote from?(:



No comments:

Post a Comment