Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 20

A Bitter but VERY SWEET Week
Week 20—Dec. 7, 2015

The sweet part of this week was that Alessandria was Baptized!!!  Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!!(:  It was a very special baptism!  There weren’t very many people there, but that made it all the more spiritual and special!  Alessandria was so nervous and it was adorable! 

Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and I asked Alessandria if she wanted to go up and bare her testimony with me.  She was like WHAT?  I’m not prepared?  I’m so nervous!  What would I say??  I told her, “you just say what you believe and talk about how special your baptism was.”  I said, “it doesn’t have to be long and you don’t have to say beautiful words.”  She was like ahhh next time!  Then Sister Matos said “this happens only one time per month!”  Then we said we are going to go up (it was only us three sitting on the bench and she would be alone)  She was like ...okay!   So we went up there and she was so cute!  She told me her heart is pounding so fast...I was like haha, relax!  When secretly my heart was pounding too, trying to think of the words I was going to say in Portuguese!  But it went so well!  I bore my testimony first and then sat down.  Then Alessandria got up there and bore hers...Holy cow people!  I can’t tell you how special it was to see this person you have taught the gospel, who has just been baptized, get up infront of everyone and bare their testimony!  My heart was seriously sooo happy I wanted to squeeze her so hard and tell her how proud I was of her....I did when she came and sat back down haha.  Then Sister Matos bore hers and it was beautiful!(:  It was a special Sunday.  Alessandria received the gift of the Holy Ghost and her blessing was amazing!  The 2nd councilor in the bishopric gave it and said that angels will be around her helping her and protecting her, it gave me so much peace to hear this because the area where she lives is dangerous with lots of iniquity.  Then it talked about reading the Book of Mormon and how important it is.  Aww, it was so awesome!!  We told her to write everything down that was said in her blessing.  I feel so blessed to have met Alessandria and gotten to teach her and see her baptized I don’t know what I’ll do when I leave!  Alessandria is my second baby sister..don’t worry Aleece, no one can replace you hehehe(: xoxox

Okay, so the bitter part of this week was that 2 of our other people with dates for baptism didn’t come to church...tears.  Remember Stephaney and her mom (Maura) that had a spiritual experience in church last week?  Yeah them!  Background information Stephaney didn’t want to stop drinking coffee when we taught her about the word of wisdom, she said she would rather die than stop...she is 15, a little dramatic, but I love her.  So we fasted for her yesterday...anyway they have to go to church 2 times before baptism and they have only come once.  So after church we went to their house and Stephaney was acting strange.  Stephaney usually likes to talk to us but was ignoring us and was on her phone and watching T.V. and wouldn’t turn it off for us to share a message with her.  So we had to go in another room and teach her mom.  Her mom said that Stephaney said she doesn’t want to get baptized anymore.  I can’t tell you how heartbroken I was…. I met this girl over a month ago and she was so excited about baptism and loved to talk to us and now she completely ignores us!  It’s sad to see Satan grab the hearts of people when they are so close to baptism, SO CLOSE! But that is what he does! 

But Maura said to keep praying for her and hopefully her heart will change.  I am so happy that even though Stephaney doesn’t want to get baptized, that doesn’t stop her mom from following the example of the Savior.  I love Maura, she has a testimony of our church and feels the spirit so strong when she went last week.  She is an elect investigator!  She is so sweet! 

Once again people, SALVATION NEVER WAS EASY!!  I have faith and trust that Heavenly Father knows what is best and if we continue with faith, obedience, and hard work everything will work out the way it is suppose to! (:

I am once again so happy and feel so blessed to be serving a mission.  Learning another language is hard, but I love it!  It’s a challenge I will have to keep working on my entire mission!  It humbles me, tests my faith, and helps me become closer to the spirit!

I love you all!  Thanks for all your support and prayers!  Keep reading the scriptures and praying and looking for opportunities to serve others, because when you do, you serve God. 

-Sister Smithie
 Alessandria's Baptism Day!


Maura!

Having fun cleaning the font!!


 MY HOUSE!!!!!(((:
The front door to the lobby!!


The lobby where we live is decked out in NATAL!!!



Yeahhh be jealous! 
We use an elevator to get to our room (; 

This is the kitchen!  It is so nice!  This fruit that I'm holding is mama   It is so yummy!  I eat it every morning!  It helps your digestive system. (;

Where we study!






Mommy sent me and Sister Matos presents for the 12 days of Christmas!


Where I sleep and how I sleep every night (;

Got some nice living space!!


This is our air conditioning in Brasil! 
You guys, the fan actually works in this house!!(: Its not broken! #blessings

THis is where I have all of my clothes and I get dressed! 

This is my bathroom! 
Sister Matos has another bathroom! 
Love my towel! Thanks Aunt Shauna! xoxo


Me with my Christmas tree!
 Thank you mommy! I loooove it! 
I love my fam bam!

Gotta love a clean house on P-day!!

This is our view of the City! Isn´t beautiful?!

Just enjoying our lovely view(:

We swim in it on P-days (;  (not really)
The beautiful city of Goiania



 I don't take very many pictures like this because it's dangerous!  
So enjoy me in the streets of Goiania!! 
 Only on pdays my friends (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment