Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 48!

Miracles & Families…..what could be better!
Week 48—June 20, 2016

I´ve got some miracles to share with you all!! (; 

So this week my companion and I were out of money. We didn’t have any money to buy lunch or anything on P-day!  Usually we go to a member’s home for lunch, except on P-days.  We didn’t have any money because we had used it all in Goiania renewing our Visa’s.  (Don’t worry mom, this is the first time we have had nothing to eat).  So my companion and I were praying that morning that a miracle would happen and that we´d get fed or find lunch.  So I haven’t been able to get my personal debit card to work since October.  Well, I thought I’d try it again and IT WORKED (20 years later) and then out came my money!!  Then my companion thought she didn’t have any money and she checked her account and strangely enough THERE WAS MONEY!!!  We probably looked like weirdo’s jumping up in the air hugging and screaming at teller, because we both had money!!  You guys, God loves his missionaries, he´ll never let us go hungry. (;

Another miracle happened when a member said she could drive us (last minute) to our lunch appointment in her car.   We get driving and she´s like ummm, we need gas, and I don’t have any money!  We were going to drive through the desert and we didn’t want to risk running out of gas!  So she put 12 dollars (Brazilian money) in and nothing happened, the gas light was still on and she said, we need like 50 dollars worth of gas or we are not going to make it.  My companion had 10 dollars and so we bought more gas with that and we were praying it would be enough.  You guys, the gas gage moved far above the half tank mark and we were all like WHAT???  MIRACLES FROM HEAVENLY FATHER!!!  Once again, he´ll never let us cross a desert without being prepared!!

Okay, this week I had to go to Goiania to renew my VISA!!!  It was Sister Mendez´s 21st birthday, and we spent it on a bus. WOOT WOOT!  It was fun, the whole time I wrote in my journal and caught up on all the things that have happened on my mission. Ahhh I was sitting there crying thinking about the past 11 months and how fast they have gone by and all the people I have met and things I have learned.  My companion was laughing at me while I was crying. haha (: We started talking about families and temples and I remembered the last full day at home before my mission, I was in the temple with my family.  I remember watching each one of my family members getting baptized for those that have passed away.  I remember crying and thinking about how much I was going to miss each one of them while I was gone.  I love my family.  I love them so much.  I think about them and pray for them everyday.  I am so grateful that because of our Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that he gave, I can be with my family forever.  I don’t need to worry about something happening to them while I’m here in Brazil.  I don’t need to worry if I will ever see them again, because I know I will.  We are an eternal family.  I trust Heavenly Father, and his plan is so perfect.  He loves us just as much, if not more than we love our families and he too wants us to return and live with him again.  I am so grateful for this knowledge.  The gospel just gives me so much comfort, I don’t know what I’d do without it!  I´m so grateful for this opportunity to share what I know to be true and what I’m so passionate about with others here in Brazil.  THE GOSPEL IS TRUE, THE BOOK IS BLUE, AND GOD SURE LOVES YOU!!!

I love you family and everyone else reading this!!!
- Sister Smithie


I love this beautiful family!

Sister Mendez loved all the birthday decorations I put up! (I had kept them from my birthday!)  

Celebrating Sister Mendez's 21st birthday!



Sister LOVED the decorations and the blow horn thingy haha! 
This Parrot wouldn't get on my shoulder
Sister Mendez and I hit our 11 month mark on the same day!

Look what I got this week!!! Thank you grandma and my twinzy Schauerhamer!! xoxoxox

Rafaela lost her tooth!!

 Tan lines on our feet from being in the sun all day.
Trying to get warm in Goiania







No comments:

Post a Comment