Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 52

Sister Training Leader?!?
Week 52---July 18, 2016

I am in shock right now!  I just got off the phone with the assistants and they called me back to Goiania and to be the new Sister Training Leader....OH MY WORD!!!!  I can’t believe it!!!!  WOWEEE!!!!!  I’m in shock, but I’m super grateful for this opportunity to serve with Pres. and Sister Bührer and to help out the other Sister missionaries!  This is going to be so awesome, but a huge responsibility for me!!! 

Okay I’m out of time but I just wanted to share a few thoughts with you guys.  This week was hard with investigators and bringing people to the gospel.  It’s not always easy out here in the mission field.  I feel like it just makes it that much sweeter & special when we do have success.  It’s not easy but why should it be easy for us, when it wasn’t easy for Jesus Christ, -Elder Holland.  When we are doing everything we can; fasting, praying, talking to everyone, we just need to have faith to keep on going, to keep trying, to not give up.  

This week we talked to a lot of people that had questions about what we do all day walking in the streets and talking to people.  Its crazy how people have so many questions for us but when we ask if we can pass by their house and explain what we are so excited about...they say no, no thanks.  It makes me think, don’t you want to know why I left my country, my family, my home, my friends, my comfort to be here??  Why would I learn a totally new language, Portuguese, so that I could talk to people in the streets of Brazil?  Don’t you want to know what in the world could be so important that I left everything to talk to you?  Do you not think about why we are here, what will happen when you and your kids die, don’t you wonder why this life is the way it is, or do you just go along with the pattern of the world, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep, work, & party a little because we´ll die tomorrow....   IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE TO DO THIS PEOPLE....  There is a purpose, there is a God...  We are here for a reason....  Don’t they want to know what that reason is??  That you can find happiness in the darkest times of you life, that when someone you love dies, you can see them again, that your family can only be together after this life if you are sealed with the power of God???  

I wonder... do people have any of these questions...maybe they do, or maybe they don’t....  Maybe they are lazy and don’t want to change their lifestyle, or maybe they don’t think there could be anything better.  I don’t know, whatever it is...whatever the reason why they don’t want to know or want to hear.... I´ll tell you (or everyone that is reading this) God lives, he loves you!  You may feel he doesn’t exist or that he isn’t there, but He is!  He is aware of you and he wants you to return to live with him again.  That is why he sent his son Jesus Christ, that is why he restored his gospel on the earth today, that is why today we have a living prophet guiding his true church! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!

-SISTER SMITH

1 comment: