Monday, October 12, 2015

Week Twelve!

 The Adventures in Brazil Never End!
Oct. 12, 2015


I seriously always have a funny story.  I hope you like my stories, because I like to tell them!  So as most people know there are loads of cockroaches in Brazil and yes there are loads in our house and such.  Anyway, they usually are only outside and come in if there is food. So, I was sound asleep in my bed, which by the way Grandpa Schauerhamer, no, there’s no air conditioning!   It doesn´t even matter though because I don’t think I’ve slept better in my entire life.  Everyday I’m so worn out from walking and sweating in the sun.  All I need is a place to lay so I can crash for 8 hours....love it.  I’m serious.  Anyway, I’m sound asleep when all the sudden I feel something fall on my arm and start running up and down my arm.  I jump up and bang my head on the bunk bed..because there is a bed above me haha.  Sister Amaral wakes up so confused!  It’s 2 in the morning and we have the lights on trying to kill this stinking cockroach that is lost in my bed.. oh the joys of a mission. hahaha(: I’m just glad it wasn’t a rat!   After the lights were off and we were going back to bed, Sister Amaral whispers in English, the insects love you because you are sweet.  I busted out laughing, oh man, she is so funny!! 


These things are EVERYWHERE!! Including on my arm at 2 am (: 

I have to say that I absolutely love teaching and bearing my testimony in the mission.  I know without a doubt that this gospel is true.  Christ lives, he loves us and wants us to become like him.  I know that Heavenly Father gave us families because families help us learn and grow and are the center of God's plan.  I love my family with all my heart and I am so grateful that because of this gospel and the sealing ordinances in temples we can be together for eternity.  I testify that the gospel changes lives I have seen it change peoples lives on my mission.  I feel so blessed to be serving and teaching the people in Brazil!  The church is true!  I love you all.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

-Sister Smith


p.s.  Read D&C 78:19

Our first night running in the rain!!!! DRENTCHED!!!



















Last week 2 of these Elders left our district and its been soo different! Sister Amaral and I miss Elder Vercosa and Bom Fanchi they were always including us and making us laugh. 
I loved my district (:


I miss the two elders on the outsides :(....

This is the awesome member who I just love!!


I carry this book with all my family tree and pictures of my family and grandparents and great-grandparents when I teach about the family and family genealogy (: Everyone always says what a beautiful family I have...(; I'm like awww thanks..I know they´re pretty great ahahah



This is the quote my momma gave to me before I left!  I have it on my desk to read everyday!  I love you mommy with all my heart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment