Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Week 26!

6 MONTHS!!!
Week 26—January 17, 2016

I was saying my prayers the other night and I realized I HAVE BEEN OUT FOR 6 MONTHS!!!  I literally started crying my eyes out because I only have 12 months left. I reflected on my mission and all the areas and people I have met, I just have one word to describe a mission, beautiful.  It is such a BEAUTIFUL thing!  You can´t understand a mission until you serve one.  I don’t think I have laughed or cried so hard in my entire life.  The people you meet, the members in each area, the people you baptize and the elders, everyone has a special place in your heart for eternity.  I can’t imagine a life without meeting these people.  It is sooo amazing!!

I have had sooooo much fun!  I have had the most spiritual experiences and I have had difficult ones too.  I have seen the gospel change the lives of people who have broken hearts and are confused.  I have seen how not living the gospel ruins families, lives, and leaves a person alone with 2 kids and no one to help or support them.  This gospel is true!  I don’t think Heavenly Father, the Book of Mormon, or the prophets, leaders of the church, or missionaries could say it anymore clear.  I LOVE MY MISSION...I NEVER WANT IT TO END!!(:

Here are some facts about Brazil that I want to share.  Brazilians, Mexicans, and Hispanics are very blunt haha!  They will straight up tell you if you are good or not good at the language. They will straight up tell you if you are more beautiful or not as beautiful as someone else (not all Brazilians are like this but LOTS ARE).  They also like to shower and love their house to be clean.  They are super serious about lunch, they like their juice, beans, and rice with every meal...that’s fine, because I like it too.(:  Their winter is soooooo hot and what they call summer is super rainy and humid...when it rains in Brazil oh it pours buckets of water for hours.  The houses and buildings here are super old and they don’t have lots of money to rebuild things.  I have seen lots of dead animals on the road...yes even rats.:(  The elders are super annoying...but I love them like brothers....(Ryan I miss you)!!  For example the elders have been sitting here watching me write this entire letter...

I LOVE MY MISSION, BRAZIL, AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT HERE!!!(((:

I hope you all have a good week!
-Love Sister Smithie poo


P.S. I love you Grandpa Headman and Grandma Headman you are so amazing and are the biggest blessings in my life!  My love and prayers are with Uncle Gary.  I love you Grandma and Grandpa Smith, and Schauerhamer, thank you for raising families in the gospel and keeping your covenants with the Lord(:

wooot Baptism for Cosme and Damian!!!!   

How the heat and humidity make you feel!


I LOVE my companion!!!


I LOVE this kitten!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment