Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 15

Scripture of the Week
Nov. 2, 2015-Week #15

D&C 89:18-21
“And all the saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge even hidden treasures; And shall run and not be weary and shall walk and not faint.  And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.”

Scripture of the week!  I looove this!  I know that when we are obedient to the Lords commandments, not some of them, but ALL of them!  That is when we are truly blessed and see God´s hand in our lives.  Miracles happen!  I have seen it in the mission as I study the scriptures, preach my gospel and pray.  My faith increases and my mind is opened and I learn what I need to do better when I teach and what I can do better to become more like Christ.

I have been studying this talk about pride and it has just blown my mind.  The universal sin is Pride!  It talks about how through pride Christ was crucified.  The Pharisees were angry and jealous that Jesus claimed to be the Son of God, so they plotted to kill him.  The war in heaven happened because Satan was prideful and thought his idea was better than Heavenly Father´s. 

Some of my favorite quotes from the talk: “Some prideful people are not so concerned as to whether their wages meet their needs as they are that their wages are more than someone else´s.  Their reward is being a cut above the rest.  This is the enmity of pride.”  

“Selfishness is one of the more common faces of pride.  How everything affects me is the center of all that matters: self-conceit, self-pity, worldly self-fulfillment, self-gratification, and self-seeking.”

This talk was so awesome!  It definitely humbled me and reminded me of what I need to become better at.  

This week was amazing! We had some baptisms fall through, and then, out of nowhere, Marcongies showed up at church and we met with him and he was ready to be baptized!  Next week we have 3 baptisms!  I love our investigators they are so amazing! They all have such strong desires to follow Christ and want to change their lives! 

The gospel is true people! I don’t know a better way to put it!!

-Sister Smith




This is Alexandre!  We taught him and he was baptized a month ago!  He always comes with us whenever we have lessons and need a member there!  He is soo awesome and has the firmest testimony of the Book of Mormon and reads it everyday!  He looooves it!  Sister A. said that she has never seen a convert with as strong a testimony, as Alexandre!!


Special day!! Baptism for Marcongies!!  And Alexandre baptized him!  So special!  Alexandre was so nervous, but he did great!
L-R: Marcongies, Alexandre, & Noguerria (My Brazilian G-pa)


L-R: Sister Amaral, Marcongies, Alexandre, Sister Smith



Division! With the wardies  They always help us when we have too many people to teach!  I go with Carol sometimes and Sister A with Clauese! (my other favorite member)!  Clauese looves One Direction and gave me a hand drawn picture of Louis Tomlinson) I´ll have to show you the picture! ...oh and Elder Sneil in the back, photo bombing!! haha
L-R: Sister Amaral, Clauese, Sister Smith, & Carol 


Went on splits (divisions with other sisters) 
 This sister is so awesome & she is from Peru!!  I love her, we had so much fun!


Oh here is a sunset..this camera didn't capture the amazingness but it was so pretty!


Other division/splits because Sister A is awesome and is Sister Training Leader and has to always go with other sisters!  So me & Sister Nunes serve together.  Sister Nunes is Brazilian and knows English!  Lets just say we stayed up wayyy too late talking in English, all night! Hehehe(:  She said that Sister A. has trained me very well (: Oh and these are my favorite popscycles EVER!!!!!




Making sandwiches for family night at Carols house!

This is Carol´s little nephew Moias! He is sooo tiny and so full of energy! I love him(:


Luis and Regina´s families house (the family of 5 I'm obsessed with that were baptized)  I love their house!  They have a mango tree, and  5 other, different fruit trees.  We always stop by and eat fruit and sit in the famous Brazilian chairs...they are so comfty!!  I mean, look at them!  The chair is like the Brazilian culture, sit back, chill, & relax...I LOVE IT!!







Our very favorite treat! ACAI!!! They are famous in Brazil and holy freak!  When you try them here you will know why!  Sister Amaral and I get them every P-day!! AHHH I love them!!  Members buy them for us because they know how much we love them(: bless their hearts…. hahah


 Everyone that looks at my book about my family geneology says that Kylie is GORGEOUS and looks like Avril Lavigne. haha 


Yummy Pastries with chicken and cheese in them(: 

                  



 Sister Amaral and I make these for breakfast, lunch..or dinner!! Awww sooo good! the bread here is AMAAAZING!!!  Its kind of like a panini. 




Sometimes we visit people who live in the Jungly parts of Brazil it's sooo prettyyyyyy!! AHHH! I wish you could all come here and see it! This camera does not do it justice I tell you!   

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment