Sunday, January 30, 2022

 Brazil Conference!

Week 73—Dec 12, 2016

`Patience is a willingness, in a sense, to watch the unfolding purposes of God with a sense of wonder and awe, rather than pacing up and down within the cell of our circumstances.`` - Elder Maxwell 

I love this quote, I think it is just worded so perfectly and it’s so true.  I want to better my patience.  I have reflected on patience this week.

 

Yesterday was an amazing Sunday!  The church had a conference for only Brazil and holy amazingness!  Everyone on the broadcast spoke Portuguese even ELDER HOLLAND!!  Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson she served a mission in Portugal and she spoke, her accent was so different than the Portuguese we speak here in Goiania but I understood it.  Then another member of the Seventy spoke and he is from Argentina but speaks Portuguese then Elder Costa and Holland spoke.  It was so cute because Elder Holland doesn’t know Portuguese but he tried so hard to speak and it was so special to here him bare his simple testimony in Portuguese it made me remember when I first got in the MTC and didn’t know anything.  He started with Portuguese and then said my Portuguese is so terrible I will just let the translator finish and then he finished his talk in English.  He talked about how the Brazilians honor the Sabbath day and are super amazing examples.  He talked about how the church is growing so fast here in Brazil. Other people spoke about the need to keep paying tithing and remember the blessings that will be given. Malicah 3:10 and how we need not forget who we are. We are sons and daughters of God, he loves us and he has lots in store for those that honor him, keep his commandments and serve him. D&C 76...talks all about this, This chapter is amazing.  Anyway the main focus was to keep the commandments and keep the faith until the end.  I love what Elder Holland always says “Don’t you stop, don’t you give up, happiness will come.”

 

So sad story, Saturday Sister and I were walking about to cross the road when this car hit his guy on his motorcycle and went flying into the road and cans of beer went everywhere. It was the loudest crash I have ever heard.  Sister and I were in shock...I was crying of course, I thought the guy died but he got up and limped away.  We think he broke is leg.  It was so sad and shocking. That is why we don’t drive and drink people!! 

 

Tender mercy that happened yesterday was that Rafeal and Fabiana (recent converts in Caldas) Called me and we got to talk for a little while!  They are doing great and want to come visit me in Utah and are saving money to get sealed in the temple in Salt Lake(:  I’m crossing my fingers and praying that it all works out hehhe(:

  I love you all thank you for your prayers and support! xoxoxoxo

 

-     Sister Smithie

No comments:

Post a Comment