Sunday, January 30, 2022

Miracle Cake

Week 72--Dec. 5, 2016 

Miracle of the week.....

God loves me.  Want to know why?  Because yesterday after Sister A. Smith and I broke our fast and ate lunch at a member´s house, I said I’m craving...cake. I want cake!  I don’t know what it is going on out here on the mission, but I always want dessert.  It usually doesn’t matter what kind, it could be chocolate, ice cream, or cake.  But yesterday my craving was specific and I told Sister A. Smith that I wanted cake.  I wanted the cake that Irma Katicia makes.  This member in our ward makes the most INCREDIBLE cakes.  You don’t even know.  She´s got a talent, a big one.  I already asked her to make me one for my birthday and she said she would, but anyway, I REALLY wanted cake yesterday.  After I expressed my desire to eat cake to Sister A. Smith, she said ``Ask and ye shall receive`` and I finished by saying, “knock and it shall be opened unto you.”  D&C 4:7  I laughed, but after I said a prayer in my head and I was like, Heavenly Father I know this is really silly, but I want cake, I’m craving it.  If you could somehow give me some. that would be great.  Well, we visited many houses and taught people and no one gave us cake. Untiiiiiil we got home and finish planning, and then,  Irma Katicia called.  I thought, “that is weird,” and we answered and she said she was going to drop something off at our house.  When we hung up, I thought, woooow, if she brings us cake...Heavenly Father really loves me!! (: ....SHE BROUGHT US CAKE!!!!!! THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE PEOPLE, NO IT IS NOT!!! God hears our prayers when we have faith and truly desire the thing we want haha... If only Baptisms were this easy...hmmmm(; 

 

Something funny happened during our study time this week.  So our door has gap between it and the floor, which has just enough room for a mouse or bird or little animal to enter...which freaks me out, but what can you do?  Anyway, sister and I are studying when all of the sudden 2 birds start flying around the room banging on the walls and windows.  Sister A Smith and I start screaming because we were just minding our own business studying the scriptures when these birds interrupted our quiet moment! haha!  So I hurry and open the door and one bird flew out, but we forgot about the other bird.  So after we got back studying, another other bird reappears out nowhere and we started screaming again, bahahaha it was hilarious!!!

 

Okay so this week was like Self Sufficente (the thing you do when you are leaving the mission) anyway, it really helped me prepare for when I get home.  I think that being a missionary is the greatest calling anyone can have, and the lady said “we are pretending you got home and so take off your nametag for these 5 hours during our time together and put on a sticker with your name on it.”  I felt so weird, but I did it and then she started talking about going home and what to expect and im not sure what it was, but my eyes just started to fill with tears and tears started streaming.  It hit me that I didn’t have much time left.  I was so embarrassed, I was trying to hide that I was crying haha.  But I learned a lot about how I can still be a missionary at home and what I can do with my ward and family.  It made me think of General Conference, how every member is a missionary.  When we are baptized into the church, we are becoming a missionary because we promise God that we will serve him and take upon us his name.  So by doing this, we are promising to become missionaries....isn’t that cool, I never knew or thought about it until I came out here.  Everyone can be or is a missionary.  There are tons of ways we can be missionaries; serving a mission, being a mom and teaching your kids the gospel, your calling in the church, post things on the internet to help people learn more, or just through being an example and loving your neighbor.  Before my mission I didn’t know how to share the gospel but now I know. (:  After my mission my next mission will start.  I want to give a challenge to all of you to be a missionary and serve someone else!  You will be a lot more happy and become closer to the Savior as you do.  Especially this Christmas season!! xoxoxo

 

BE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, never forget the life of the best missionary, our Savior and Redeemer, 

Jesus Christ.

 

- Sister Smithie

Picture #1 Merry Christmas from The Smith Sisters!!!!!

Picture #2 The Miracle Cake!!! Yummy!!!!

The Miracle Cake! Yummy!!!

Merry Christmas from the
Smith Sisters!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment