Sunday, January 30, 2022

 Setenta Time!

(Taught by a Member of the Seventy)

Week 70--November 21, 2016

 

What an incredible week it was!!  Elder Aidukaitis, from the quorum of Seventy came to our mission and spoke to us this week!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!  

 

First, he had a meeting with all the leaders in the mission and he asked us show him our Area books and planners.  Holy cow...he gave us some advice on how we can improve!  He did it all with love, but it sure made me realize that even though I am finishing my mission, there are SOOO many things I still need to do better.  There are always more ways we can improve and keep learning every day!   

 

He told our mission about the importance of planning and how we need to plan out every detail of our day.  He taught how planning is one of the most important things we can do in life.  If we don’t plan for the future, we will miss out on important things, and then look back and say ´´wow, I could have done better, I could have done more.´´  Isn´t that an awful feeling to think?  Wow, “if I would have just planned better, I could have accomplished that.”  He said ´´if you want to make money in your life, you’ve got to know how to plan.´´  He taught a lot of good techniques on how we could all plan better. Then, the next day he split our mission into 3 groups, and he taught each one of us. It was awesome, and we got some one on one time with a member of the Seventy!!!  

 

When he walked in, we all stood up and he was like, “Elders and Sisters, thank you, but you only need to stand up if there is an Apostle or Prophet entering the room...”  hehe, well, it was better than not standing when we were suppose to!!   So, Elder Aidukaitis taught about..... marriage, hahah!  He said, ´´you want to marry someone that loves God more than you….”  yep!!  You want to marry someone who will love God more than you, because he will keep the covenants he makes with God.  If someone loves you more than God, then, if that person stops loving you, they will find someone else to love.`` BAM!!!  God’s in the first place always people!!!

 

Then he taught about the Book of Mormon and how important it is. We read the testimonies in the front of the Book of Mormon and said ´´imagine that this book is a lie.  There are 3 men that saw an angel and saw gold plates.  They said it was the most glorious thing they´d ever seen!”  Wow, this is a huge lie??  Then they signed their names for everyone to know who they were and to try to kill them because they lied....??  The lie always has a short leg… it doesn’t get anywhere, and it doesn’t last.  When it’s a lie, someone confesses or it’s proven not to be true.  

 

Think of it, Joseph Smith, he wrote the book of Mormon, he lived on a farm, he had just a little education, and he wrote the Book of Mormon by himself in 3 months???  Wow, that is a lot of work and a huge miracle that he wrote a lie in 3 months!!  A lie that only testifies of truth.  HOW IS IT A LIE?  It can´t be a lie, it´s impossible to be a lie.  Logically, looking at Joseph Smith’s life and all the men who were witnesses of the gold plates and shared their testimonies of seeing the plates….look at everyone involved!  It’s the TRUTH!!  (If it’s a lie, we are all here serving a mission in vain)  But it’s not a lie!  This isn’t even how we know the Book of Mormon is true.  It’s because we have read it and asked God, and received an answer that it is TRUE. 

 

Elder Aidukaitis rocks!!  Then he said he felt that our mission doesn’t like to do role-play practices….so he had us practice and he was the investigator and we were teaching him!! hahaha, Try teaching a Seventy!!!  That was fun to watch (:  When he walked in the room and spoke and opened the scriptures, I could really feel that he is a man called of God.   He knows the scriptures like the back of his hand.  It was insane!!  I know that he is a man called of God because the spirit confirmed it to me. I learned a lot from him this week and I am applying it in my work everyday, and for this next transfer, and for the rest of my life.  His mission tour was awesome!!

 

Okay, here’s something funny I have to share.  I learned there is some gossip about me here in the mission.

 

1.  I work on P-days..... which is true after 6pm, I work.

2.  I pay fast offerings every Sunday.... this would be true if I had enough money to do that.  So, I guess I´ll just keep paying the first Sunday of the month (;   I thought this was hilarious.  At least the gossip wasn’t all that bad. haha

 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 

- Sister Smith

Beautiful Sunset
I Love the people in Brazil!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment