Sunday, January 30, 2022

Be of Good Cheer! Repentance is Here!!!!

Week 69-- Nov. 14, 2016

I just got the best news in the mission.... Rafael, recent convert in Caldas Novas, was called to be the new Branch President!! Presidente Sousa called me and told me that Rafael and his wife, Fabiana sent me pictures of they day he was made Branch President! 

 

YOU DONT KNOW THE HAPPINESS I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW!!!(((((: 

 

They called me and I just starting balling... I am so happy for him and Fabiana and their kids, Rafaella and Junior.  Like I said last week, the best part of the mission is seeing your converts progress in the gospel. (: #bestmoments

 

Okay this week was a super special week! We took the list of the less active members and starting knocking on doors.  Out of our list of 13, we found only 2 living in the same house.  But we found 4 new investigators that are SUPER interested and we marked 2 baptism dates!!!(((:   Miracles of the less active list, you find not only the less active, but the soon to be active, the elect!! WOOT WOOT!!! I just hope I get to stay here for the next trasfer!!

 

Okay, I dont have much time, but I wanted to talk about the power of repentence.  Repentence is one of the most important things that we have on this earth.  Jesus Christ suffered for our sins, pains, and sorrows and then was crucified and after was resurrected.  Because of his grace and mercy, he left us with the opportunity to repent so won’t need to suffer for what he already suffered for.  We have the chance to become clean and be free of guilt and shame!  Isn’t that wonderful and awesome?!!  We are here to become more like Christ and prepare to live with him one day. Alma 34:32.  The only way we can become like him is if we repent and change. When we have love and faith in the Savior, we have the desire to change…to change our thoughts and actions to be in harmony with his.  We will have the desire to stop sinning and to keep God’s commandments.  

 

I remember when I was younger, I did something that left me feeling super sad and guilty.  I told and confessed to my parents what I did, and then asked Heavenly Father for forgiveness.  I prayed with all sincerity of heart and real intent.  I remember that after I felt the burden being lifted off my shoulders, I felt free and at peace.  

 

The atonement of Jesus Christ is REAL!! We don’t have to walk around all our lives feeling bad and sorry for the things we did wrong in the past!  We can change and be forgiven!!  I know that God loves us and he wants us to be happy and learn from our mistakes.  Repentence is how we do it, real, true repentence.  You are forgiven and then you have to stop doing what you did wrong.  REPENTENCE IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE!! USE IT!!  The savior died for us so we could have it!! THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST IS REAL!! 

Alma 7:14-15  “Now I say unto you that ye must repent, and be born again; for the Spirit saith if ye are not born again ye cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven; therefore come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye may be washed from your sins, that ye may have faith on the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world, who is mighty to save and to cleanse from all unrighteousness.

15 Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.

... I love this scripture!!!

- Sister Smithie

No comments:

Post a Comment